1.10.07

ix.


Today I was given a healthy dose of humility. I don't mind it, really. In fact, we all could use more of it. I blew it -- an ad-client presentation for the upcoming holiday season. Budget of $4.5MM. October 1, 2007. I'd like to mitigate this situation. And I have reasons, too. I'm sick of feeling guilty. A brief illustration: I took a new job with a digital marketing solutions company, working there for a month now on a retail account -- the biggest retainer for the department. Two weeks after joining, my partner, assigned to train me, quit. The assistant -- there long before I -- was promoted immediately. A week before the presentation was due the client invited the agency to pitch for a new part of the business. Everyone is consumed and little accountability exists. Agree with me that the gravity of the situation is evident. The assistant is a self-proclaiming crazy person. The Directors were consumed with winning the new business, no doubt to please their superiors. From the beginning I was vocal about my lack of client experience. Naturally I was unaware of how to proceed. So they should have not passed the responsibility onto me. Institutional provisions should have been made for the cause. We live in a free-market society, for heaven's sake. Wall Street is brutal. Be just. I do admit fault. I could have done better, given my talent and will power.

In summary, I do believe it was a worthwhile experience. What's meant is to be. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home